Whether for your business page or for interaction with your friends and family, creating a poll on Facebook is a fun and quick way to gain information tailored just for you. Facebook polls can be both productive and amusing at the same time.
Facebook Polls are a type of interactive content that is created to enhance user engagement with the help of opinion-based question that has no particular right or wrong answers. A poll on Facebook is created to ask a question, add customized answers, and let the audience vote for their favored option.
There is a wide range of polls on Facebook, by the businesses to know which service or product is being liked the most and by your friends or family just to gain viewpoint in order to make a decision such as which phone to buy.
Facebook is limiting business presence on timelines of people. It is emphasizing on content creation that demands people’s engagement with it.
As we know that Facebook is a constantly changing algorithm always improvising itself for increased user experience. Now, according to the recent changes a poll cannot be created from News Feed or timeline. For a personal audience, you can add a poll to your story on Facebook.
Therefore, there are three ways in which you can add a poll to Facebook:
- In a Group
- In a Page
- In a Story
How to do a poll on Facebook Group?
You have to keep in mind before creating a poll that group members only can vote on any poll that is created in the Group.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your Facebook account and from your newsfeed, click Groups in the left menu and select your Group.
- Select the Create Post box on the top which likely says, ‘Write a post’
- Click the ellipsis (…) to access the full menu. You will get many options and when you scroll down you will find ‘Poll’. Just click on Poll.
- Type in the question you want to ask, where it will show ‘Ask something’.
- Suppose you write a question, “Which is the best social media platform for promoting SEO services?” Type your options in the boxes provided below with ‘add option’ for group members to select from.
- Facebook provides you an option to add images in the options as well. This option is highly recommended as the images are likely to increase the engagement of more group members.
- On the bottom left-hand side, you will find an option of ‘Poll Options’ which on clicking provides further 2 options:
a. Allow anyone to add options, or
b. Allow people to choose multiple options
8. Then just click on Post and you will be able to see your poll at the top just like this
Hopefully, the steps are clear enough for how to make a poll on Facebook Group.
How to make a Facebook Poll on a Page?
To create a poll on Facebook Page, you have to keep in mind that you will need to be an admin or editor of that page. The creation of a poll on Facebook Page is quite similar to that of a group. However, recently only Facebook has changed the procedure to create polls.
Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account and from your newsfeed, click pages in the left menu and select your page.
- Go to your business page and click on ellipses to create a post box. Select the Polls option. However, if you didn’t find that in your options click ‘Creator Studio’.
- You will get a page like this:
Then click on the Create Post
You will find the option Polls, just click that.
- Type the question you want to ask and fill in the Option 1 and Option 2 for your poll. Facebook offers you to add images or Gifs with your options.
- Then below you will find an option ‘1 week’ with a browsing cursor to select when you want to end your poll. You can choose from the given option or can customize your time.
- Now you can click on ‘Share now’ if you want to share it. You also have options such as Schedule or Save Draft if you wish to post your poll later.
Polls for Facebook Pages cannot be boosted.
How to make a Facebook Poll in a story?
Stories on Facebook can be used to share everyday moments with your followers, family, and friends. Facebook stories are visible only for 24 hours, but you can revisit your shared stories in the story archive.
Here are the easy steps to create a poll in Facebook Story:
- Open the Facebook account on your Android or iOS device. You will find an Add to story option at the top of your News Feed.
- Add an image or a video you would like to share from your camera roll or tap camera to take a new photo or video.
- Click in the top right corner then select Poll. Type your question, then Tap the Yes and No option to enter the customized answers. After entering the poll details click Done in the top right corner.
- You have an option to change the audience of your story at the bottom left corner ‘Privacy’. After changing the settings, simply tap Share to Story and the Poll will be added to your story.
People can respond to the poll by selecting an option. When anyone selects the option, they can see the results of the poll question.
Creating a poll on Facebook, allows influencers, brands, and individuals to know and understand the interests, opinions, and needs of their audience. As a business, poll results can be more helpful and effective in creating your marketing strategy. Facebook Polls can help brands to make major business decisions by using the social following.