A great way to greet someone before starting a conversation on Facebook is to wave at them. If you have been on Facebook since its early days, you will definitely remember the “poke” feature. The Wave or Hello button on the Facebook messenger is the evolution of that tool. This feature is available for usage on both the mobile as well as the PC version of Facebook. If it’s a feature you’ve always wanted to use but never got around to using it, this post has got you covered. After you finish reading this post, you will be able to embellish all your Facebook conversations with a wave. Let’s get started.
Waving on Facebook: A Step by Step Guide
How To Wave On Facebook Messenger (Mobile)?
Follow these steps mentioned below & learn how to wave on Messenger using your smartphone (Android and iOS):
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app. If you don’t have it, you can get it for free from the Play Store or the App Store.
2. Once the Facebook Messenger App has launched, look for the ‘People’ section at the bottom of the screen.
3. You can get a list of your online friends under the section marked “ACTIVE”.
4. Tap on the Wave button beside the name of the person you want to start a conversation with, and voila, you just started your conversation with a wave and hopefully your friend will wave back at you.
How To Wave on the Facebook App?
These are the steps you need to follow for waving at your friends through the Facebook app:
1. Launch your Facebook app and log in with your credentials.
2. Tap on the section with three horizontal lines at the top right bar.
3. From the ensuing list, select the “Messenger” option. In case you are unable to locate messenger, tap on “See More” to look at more options.
4. Once you locate Messenger, follow the path People > Active. Now, you can see your online friends, tap on Wave button to start a conversation with those friends.
How To Wave On Facebook Using Your PC?
Follow these steps mentioned below to virtually wave at your friends with the PC version of Facebook:
1. Log in to your Facebook account, and go to the Home page section.
2. Locate the ‘Chat’ option on the right panel.
3. Bring your cursor above your friend’s name, whom you would like to wave virtually.
As soon as you do that, the Wave sign will appear beside their name, click on it to wave on Facebook.
How To Wave Back at Someone Using Facebook Messenger on Mobile?
If one of your Facebook friends waves at you, you should also try to wave back and prolong the conversation in a fun and exciting way. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the chat window of the friend who waved at you on Facebook.
2. Now, you should see a yellow hand appearing with a quick message saying “_____ (Your Friend) is waving at you.
3. Just tap on the option “Tap to wave back” and you will be able to wave back at your friend.
How to Undo An Accidental Wave Sent On Facebook?
In case you tap/click on the wave button accidentally, someone who you don’t want to wave at, will receive the wave. To save yourself from the embarrassment of explaining the unexpected wave, Facebook provides the option to undo the sent wave. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to do so.
1. First things first, you need to be quick. You only have 10 minutes to remove the accidentally sent virtual wave. Head over to the chat window with the accidental wave quickly.
2. Tap and long-press the Wave icon until a small menu appears on the screen.
3. From the menu, select the option that says “Remove” and select “Remove for Everyone”.
Congratulations, your accidental wave will be permanently removed from the chat window.
So those were the ways in which you can use the wave option during your conversations on Facebook. It’s a nice way to spice up any conversation and a far more interesting way to start talking to someone instead of the usual “hi” or “sup”. Get waving.