Everyone who has an Instagram for business account, needs to keep track of Instagram statistics. The important statistics go beyond just the number of likes and followers. If you have just been tracking them all along, it’s time to change things up and start keeping track of the important statistics of your Instagram page. You can use tools like Combin Growth to help you with keeping track of important Instagram statistics as well. Before we talk about such tools in more detail, let’s first take a look at the basics of Instagram statistics and why it’s important for you to keep track of them. Let’s get started.
Measuring Important Instagram Statistics: All You Need to Know
Why do Instagram Statistics Matter?
Instagram has over 25 million business profiles which are visited by over 200 million Instagrammers every day. With so much traction, if you don’t know who views your profile or sees your ads, how your posts are performing, how engaging your stories are, and what value your account is actually driving, then all the time and effort spent on your posts will be wasted. Not evaluating Instagram statistics regularly can lead to the following problems:
- Posting too frequently (or not frequently enough).
- Posting during non-optimal hours of the day or days of the week.
- Targeting the wrong audience.
- Ignoring mentions that could be leading to future partnerships.
- Driving irrelevant visitors to your website.
- Driving calls from an ad type that you only used once.
- Missing opportunities for brand engagement in your comments or stories.
While that might seem like a lot of things that can go wrong, it’s just the tip of the iceberg. If you don’t use Instagram correctly, you will miss out on using a lot of this platform’s wonderful features. Instagram marketing is usually crucial for your entire online marketing strategy. Here‘s what you can do with Instagram statistics.
Instagram Profile Statistics
This can be accessed through the “My Profile” page. Your insights are available for a week. You might’ve casually glanced over these before, but never used the metrics seriously. Let’s check out what all can be accessed here:
- Impressions: The number of times your posts are seen in a week.
- Interactions: The number of actions taken by other users on your account.
- Reach: The number of unique accounts that have seen your posts.
- Profile Visits: The number of times others visited your profile over the week.
- Website Clicks: The number of times visitors clicked on the website link in your bio.
- Call/email clicks: The number of times visitors have clicked the call/email button from your profile page.
- Mentions: the number of times other users have mentioned your account in a week.
Instagram Audience Statistics
This is a great feature to help you with finding the right target audience for yourself and verify if your content is reaching the audience group that you want it to reach. Here are the main things to observe:
- Top locations: See the top five cities and countries where your followers are.
- Age range: Find the age group that your followers fall in.
- Gender: Find the gender based distribution of your followers.
- Follower hours: Find out how much time your followers spend on Instagram in a day.
- Follower days: Find out the days of the week your followers are most active.
Individual Post Statistics
After ensuring that your profile is directed towards the right audience, you should focus on individual post analytics. These will help you analyse if the content that you release is working well with your audience.
Here are the statistics available for individual posts:
- Interactions: These are actions that were taken directly from your post. Whether that’s visiting your profile, a hyperlink, or using the call/email button in your post, these items are tracked and recorded here.
- Discovery: This Instagram feature allows users to find content from accounts they are not following. Business accounts can also appear on this page. Instagram can tell you about the number of accounts reached through discovery.
- Follows: Number of new followers received from a post.
- Reach: Number of unique accounts the post reached.
- Impressions: The number of times people viewed your post. You can also see if the post was viewed from home, from hashtags, from the profile, from others.
- Saves: The number of unique accounts that saved your post to their personal saved folder.
- Comments: The number of comments on the post.
Instagram Stories Statistics
Instagram stories are a great tool for promoting your business page. This Snapchat-like feature of Instagram continues to grow in popularity, and it gives you another opportunity to get your brand in front of more people or increase the exposure of your current audience. The content shared through stories is available for 24 hours and then disappears. Here are the story statistics that can be tracked:
- Impressions: The number of times your story has been viewed.
- Reach: The number of unique accounts that viewed your story.
- Exits: The number of times someone exited your story mid-way through.
- Replies: The total number of replies to a video or picture on your story.
- People insights: This shows a list of the accounts that have seen a specific part of your story.
What Data Should You Track?
To help you feel less overwhelmed by the sheer volume of statistics available, below are some tips for what you should focus on.
Before you start analyzing data, it is critical to be aware of your overarching goal for the platform. Is your strategy to drive more website visitors? Did you create the Instagram page to just serve as a community for customers to share their ideas? Or maybe you’ve created an Instagram presence to raise brand awareness among your target audience. It is even possible that you have varying goals for your account. Posts need to be set up for different goals, some for driving awareness, some for driving analysis. To take full advantage of Instagram statistics, you will need to know what you are looking for. Here are three common goals with the three main metrics to track under each one.
Build brand awareness
If you’re a new company looking to make a name for yourself or an established business trying to enter a new market or launch a new product, then Instagram might be the best place to build your brand awareness. This is a great goal for this platform because it’s more than likely that your target audience is on Instagram somewhere.
These are the metrics you’ll want to focus on:
- Follower count: A growth in followers corresponds to a growth in brand awareness (and brand enjoyment!).
- Impressions: If you’re looking to grow brand awareness, then you should make sure your post, story, and account impressions are growing, as well.
- Reach: When it comes to brand awareness, growing your Instagram reach is critical.
All online marketers aim to increase sales. Using Instagram statistics properly will help drive sales. Strategies such as running targeted ads, and posting special offers for followers come to mind. Here is how you can evaluate their success:
- Website clicks: In your ads, posts, and stories, you should encourage viewers to buy something/fill a form on your website. Tracking the number of people who do this is a great way to ensure that your efforts are paying off.
- Call clicks/email clicks: Phone calls and emails are wonderful indicators of conversions. If they increase in number, you are going in the right direction.
- Follower hours/days: Instagram statistics can tell you when your followers are most active during the day. It’s a great tool to enhance your Instagram marketing strategy so always be mindful of that. Paying attention to when your audience is more engaged will help you improve your Instagram strategy. Run your ads during the time your audience is most active. It is bound to increase engagement.
Build a community
Instagram is a visual medium more or less. So that makes it a great place to build an interactive community. In case community building is what you are focused on, you should keep the following Instagram statistics in mind:
- Comments: As a rule of thumb, do not ever ignore comments, if you don’t want to reply, at least like them.
- Story Replies: Stories are a great tool to use if you’re trying to engage with followers to create a community. Story replies are a great sign of the success of your campaign.
- Engagement: Tracking the engagement of your ads, posts, profile, and stories will help you reach your goal of building an active, thriving and engaging community online.
Why use an Instagram Statistics tool?
Let’s face it, we always have a lot of work on our plate and digging through mountains of Instagram statistics might seem like a very time consuming and arduous task. To solve this problem, you can use some awesome tools that help you with your Instagram marketing strategy by evaluating your Instagram statistics in a quick and easy manner. One of such tools is Combin Growth. Let’s find out how it can help you with your Instagram marketing.
What is Combin Growth?
Combin Growth is an Instagram marketing tool loaded with powerful features for audience targeting, analysis, management and engagement. You can use this tool to attract new followers and build a loyal community for your account.
Learn more about the tool: How to get Instagram account statistics and track audience growth
What’s included and how does it work?
● Growth and Performance Statistics
View daily, weekly and monthly account activity statistics in-app. Track the followers count, see how many accounts followed and unfollowed you. Monitor the number of received likes and comments.
● Advanced Instagram Search
Find interesting profiles and publications by using and combining different search queries. Run searches by hashtag, location, specific account’s following, followers, likers and commenters, and by bio.
● Gender, Language and Audience Size Targeting
Specify the following and followers quantity, select male or female gender, and pick from a variety of languages the preferred ones. Define the target audience with precision using the demographic filters.
● Machine Learning User Analysis
Identify low quality accounts with the help of the breakthrough technology. Eliminate pointless engagement and save the limited quantity of daily available actions for following, liking and commenting, to spend it on real, genuinely interested Instagram users.
● Audience Management and Export
Detect who doesn’t follow you back and unfollow them in convenient batches. Track the accounts you unfollowed and automatically prevent following them or interacting ever again. Protect important accounts from accidental unfollowing. Filter and export your user lists to Excel.
● Repetitive Actions Automation
Engage multiple Instagram accounts and posts at once instead of manually interacting with the content of each separate user. Bulk-follow, unfollow, like and comment. Create comment templates for different topics and purposes, and leave them in batches.
● Multiple Instagram Accounts Management
Grow up to 15 accounts from one computer. Connect one general or several separate proxy using the built-in setup to ensure the safety of your accounts. Search and attract new audiences for all accounts simultaneously.
Instagram Statistics: Conclusion
As you might have seen by now, Instagram statistics are very useful for your Instagram marketing campaigns. Using an Instagram statistics tool will make the process even easier. Whether you use the tool or stick with Instagram’s native insights, it’s up to you. However, we hope that this post will put you on the path of utilizing Instagram statistics to improve the performance of your Instagram marketing campaigns and grow your business with ease.